Now Available On Demand!
Class was held live on August 22, 2020
This is a Facebook Private Group Online Workshop with Gwen Lafleur (Mixed Media Artist/Designer/Teacher). ***She is an amazing teacher and her classes/workshops are so much fun!
We're going to take traditional Artist Trading Cards and turn them into an interactive artwork. We'll mix stamps and stencils with paint, collage, and mark marking for a layered background technique and embellishments. The class includes downloadable patterns and three of Gwen's hand-drawn labels.
During the live workshop, we'll complete one Interactive ATC with its matching pocket. Time permitting, we'll start on a second (but you'll get info and patterns to make at least 3.) These can also go into an art journal as a cool, interactive focal point, be mounted inside of a shadow box, or be used as part of a funky handmade card.
- Upon registration and payment, you will receive a link to join our private Facebook group.
- Join in, meet, and interact with other students.
- The live, 2-hour class will be taught through a Facebook Live video in our private classroom.
- Work along with me and ask questions via posts and comments.
- Get printable patterns for the ATC folders as well as a download for three of my hand-drawn labels
- Learn a fun and easy background technique and explore different ways to use and layer rubber stamps and stencils
- The video plus questions and comments will be available as a reference to watch or-watch later for up to 6 months.
- Take and share photos of your in-progress and finished projects or feedback from me and other class members both during and after class.
Bio of Gwen Lafleur:
Gwen is a lifelong artist, crafter, designer, and world traveler from Herndon, Virginia. She's been involved in arts and crafts her entire life, trying anything from drawing lessons to paper crafts and finally finding her true home as a mixed media artist.
Her work has been displayed in galleries and can be found in private collections around the world. She has also been published in Cloth Paper Scissors, Somerset Studio, and Creative Scrapbooker magazines.
She is a columnist and stencil designer for StencilGirl Products and she has a line of embossing powders and embellishments with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies as well as a line of rubber stamps with PaperArtsy. She is also a member of AFCI.
To learn more about Gwen Lafleur, please visit her beautiful website: https://www.gwenlafleur.com/ or join her Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/GwenLafleurCreativeCommunity